Sunday, August 22, 2010

Aarti Party?

As someone who followed Aarti Sequeira through the several weeks of this year's "The Next Food Network Star," I have to say I was quite disappointed when her TV show, "Aarti Party," her prize in the reality competition, finally aired this weekend.

Throughout her time on the program, surviving week to week, as her competitors were cut, Aarti was a delight. Her energetic and bubbly personality charismatically put her above the others even before many of the contests on the show. She was an early bet to win, both with the judges and in this household.

When she won, and her TV series was announced, we couldn't wait. The DVR was set with anticipation. When it first came on, all of the colors seemed muted. The wild bright fashions Aarti wore on "Network Star" were gone, but that wasn't all. She seemed sedated, slowed like molasses. It was if they had told her to tone it down so much... so much that all of her charisma was gone and she was no longer interesting.

I really hope you fix this, Food Network, and give us back the woman who really won. Until then, "Aarti Party" airs, very slowly, Sundays at noon. And for a taste of the old Aarti, check this out.

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:47 AM

    By week 5 or 6 I had Aarti pegged as the winner and I'm sorry to hear her show was disappointing.

    You wanna hear something funny? Even though I watch THE NEXT FOOD NETWORK STAR religiously as it's one of the very few shows I watch when it airs and don't DVR it for later viewing, I never watch the winners when they graduate to their own shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:11 PM

    I have watched Aarti Party - and i love the show and i love the food she makes. I didnt' think the show was disappointing at all. She makes great food and has a unique perspective. I cant' wait until the new sesason - i will be watching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, only the first one was disappointing. She seemed to have gotten her groove after that. I too am looking forward to the new season in December.

    ReplyDelete