Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Hangover Part II


The Hangover Part II ~ I saw The Hangover years ago, and was unimpressed. At the time I was more concerned about watching the more inappropriate parts with my in-laws, but I really don't recall it being all that funny.

On the surface, this sequel seems to have virtually the same plot as the first, only in Thailand, instead of Las Vegas. I liked the story a lot better when it was called Dude, Where's My Car?. At least that movie was funny, and occasionally entertaining. The more I think about it, the more I think the folks behind Dude should sue the folks behind Hangover.

Am I supposed to care about these characters? It occurs to me if I wanted to be surrounded by morons, there have been several high school reunions I could have attended by now. I did enjoy Paul Giamatti though, while he was a bad guy, and the "Alantown" song (not work or child safe) was amusing, but little else.

Is this funny? No. Do I have to be drunk or high or a fifth grader to understand it or be amused? Maybe. And is there some rule that they can only play one minute of any song throughout the film?

I didn't see the first Hangover movie by choice. I saw the second out of curiosity and boredom. I will not be seeing the third, unless I'm forced at gunpoint.

1 comment:

  1. I didnt think the Hangover was funny at all...not sure what all the fuss is about...

    ReplyDelete