Monday, May 13, 2013

Eurovision 2013: Five More from the Second Semi-Final


FYR Macedonia - "Pred Da Se Razdeni" by Esma & Lozano



Translated, it's a song of hope ("If I Could Change the World") and those kinds of things always do well in Eurovision. Plus it's got a beat you can dance to, and seriously this one grows on me each time I hear it.

Georgia - "Waterfall" by Nodi Tatishvili & Sophie Gelovani


I usually like Georgia's entries, but this slow motion love ballad barely kept my attention for three minutes. Zzzzzzzz…

Greece - "Alcohol Is Free" by Koza Mostra, featuring Agathon Iakovidis



Greece usually hits the contest with an upbeat dance club number, but this year they went with something a bit different. What at first seems like a very traditional old country song turns fun and madcap very quickly. The title is "Alcohol Is Free," you get the picture. I like this one a lot. It won't win, but I hope it gets to the finals.

Hungary - "Kedvesem (Zoohacker Remix)" by ByeAlex


More catchy pop fun that grows on me with each listen, slowly becoming a favorite, but again, I don't think it will win.

Iceland - "Eg A Lif" by Eythor Ingi


Yet another European lesson in just because you look metal, it doesn't mean you are metal.

The second Semi-Final will take place on the 16th of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment