Monday, May 20, 2013

RIP Alan O'Day


We all (well, all of us of a certain age) have that one 45 RPM single that enticed us into the world of listening to the radio, that one single that we heard and then had to own. For me, and for many of my friends in the summer of 1977, it was "Undercover Angel" by Alan O'Day. I remember first hearing it on WIFI-92 FM and then having to have the single.


Alan O'Day passed away this weekend after a six month battle with brain cancer. He also wrote, among many others, the haunting and enigmatic "Angie Baby" for Helen Reddy. We've lost yet another icon of the 1970s.

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget that Alan O'Day wrote a song that was immensely important to people of my era- the Muppet Babies theme song! (I had friends in high school who would talk about how deep that show was. Muppet Babies was Tolkeinesque to those teens.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:34 PM

    Oh, I hadn't heard. That's too bad. And funny - I would have placed "Undercover Angel" a few years earlier than '77.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly I would have bet earlier than that too, but it's 1977.

    ReplyDelete