Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Film with Me in It


A Film with Me in It ~ I discovered this flick quite by accident. I was surfing through the channels one afternoon and saw Dylan Moran. I love Dylan Moran. He's the best part of Shaun of the Dead, and "Black Books" is one of my favorite Britcoms of all time. The film was just at the beginning, so I settled (watched what little I missed in a later viewing) in for what was sure to be entertaining. I was hooked immediately by this dark dark comedy.

Mark, played by this film's screenwriter Mark Doherty, who lives with his girlfriend and handicapped brother in a flat he's having trouble keeping. Pierce, his ne'er-do-well friend played by Moran, is a wannabe screenwriter with whom they are trying to write a movie. When Mark's life begins to unravel, a series of accidents kill several people in his flat in quick succession. As Pierce struggles to 'fix' things, very dark hilarity ensues.


High tension, high comedy, dialogue perfect for Moran, direction by Ian Fitzgibbon that apes Hitchcock slyly, this is a fun, but very dark flick. I loved it. This may not be for everyone, but I thought it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment