Monday, May 06, 2013

Eurovision 2013: The First Five of the Second Semi-Final


Albania - "Identitet" by Adrian Lulgjuraj & Bledar Sejko


I love the drums, and the music video, which I don't know if they will be able to reproduce its energy and creativity on stage. Luckily it's a catchy well done song. No idea what they're saying, but I think this one will definitely get through to the finals.

Armenia - "Lonely Planet" by Dorians


Pretty song, and being pretty always gets you far in this contest. We'll see.

Azerbaijan - "Hold Me" by Farid Mammadov


Azerbaijan is always a strong competitor, and this pretty boy power ballad is no exception. Not my favorite, but it has good odds.

Bulgaria - "Samo Shampioni (Only Champions)" by Elitsa Todorova, Stoyan Yankulov


These Eurovision veterans are back. Their previous "Water" remains one of my all time favorite songs from the ESC. Always great percussion, but I don't think this is their best sadly.

Finland - "Marry Me" by Krista Siegfrids


Finland is another nation who always has a strong submission. This year they enter a more pop and dancey tune. The music video shows off Krista's range and humor, but I wonder if that will come off on the stage. I'm kinda rooting for this one, but then again, I'm partial to Finland.

The second Semi-Final will take place on the 16th of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment