Monday, March 03, 2014

The Lego Movie


The Lego Movie ~ Some have derided this flick as one long commercial for Lego, but I would strongly disagree. Lego is merely the medium through which the story is told and the animation is done. I don't think anyone is going to be running out and buying Legos after seeing this unless they are already into Lego. Maybe it worked on me, but I dig Lego, and I also dig this movie a lot too.

In a well organized world, Lord Business runs things with a well sorted attitude. Everything has its place, everyone has their job, and of course, Everything Is Awesome. Then an average guy finds the "Piece of Resistance," meets the girl of his dreams, Wyldstyle, and is swept up in an underground revolution against Business, where his fellow freedom fighters think he is "The Special," a legendary savior.

The voice cast is terrific. There's Morgan Freeman, Elizabeth Banks, Will Farrell, Chris Pratt, Alison Brie, and even Biff Bam Pop!'s own Leiki Veskimets (check out her terrific wrap-up on the Oscars from earlier today). Liam Neeson is great as Bad Cop, and Will Arnett steals the whole movie as Batman. I also loved the bits with Superman and Green Lantern, and the Millennium Falcon.

This movie was a lot of fun, and I can't wait for the sequel coming in 2017. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to go play with my Legos, especially my Batman...

2 comments:

  1. Heironymous4:37 PM

    You are such a corporate pawn.
    ;-)

    I bet you have a double decker couch to watch TV, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish!

    That would be... Awesome!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete