Monday, September 09, 2013

Lost Hits of the New Wave #28


"Wot" by Captain Sensible



Honestly I had never really thought of this one as lost, but as more of a classic, but it's been pointed out to me recently by someone who really knows his music - this was something new to him. New, but properly loved, as it should be.

"Wot" is one of my favorites of the new wave era, and could be listened to on a loop for maybe hours, grooving every moment. I love it. And the fact he namedrops and disses Adam Ant in the song just makes all that much cooler.

Captain Sensible goes way back in the punk and new wave movements. He founded The Damned, was in the supergroup Dead Men Walking, and was the first of many to record "Jet Boy, Jet Girl," which I am sure we'll cover here at some point. Last I heard, the Captain had formed his own anarchist political party over in the UK. Still punking after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment