Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lost Hits of the New Wave #24


"Antmusic" by Adam and the Ants



In my review, at Biff Bam Pop this week, of Adam Ant's new album Adam Ant Is the Blueblack Hussar in Marrying The Gunner’s Daughter, I talk a bit about my first impressions of Adam and the Ants. You can check it out here.

I remember playing both the Kings of the Wild Frontier and Prince Charming albums constantly and obsessively. I loved them. As I had mentioned before with The Police, I also got to see the music as well on "Rockworld." It was the beginning of a life long love affair.

No matter how you slice it, Adam Ant is a true superstar of the New Wave, whether he agrees to the label or not. His career has spanned from the mid-1970s to today with this fabulous new album.

"Dog Eat Dog" by Adam and the Ants



Post a Comment