Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Madagascar 3


Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted ~ Full disclosure first. I didn't want to see this flick. The Bride did. And I saw the original, but not the sequel, so it's possible I may be missing out on some pretty major plot points in this one. Nah. I didn't think so either. We went mostly for the "Circus Afro" song we have been both been humming and singing since the ads on TV started.

Here's the story. Somehow, the fun-loving animals from the Central Park zoo, who have the voices of comedians, have found themselves in Africa, and they want to get home to New York. To do this they have to go to Monte Carlo to get the penguins and monkeys first. Yeah, I know, just follow along. From there they join a circus to get back to the States, and as with every good kids movie, or any episode of "Fat Albert," they learn a lesson.

Ben Stiller is not funny, and Chris Rock joins him in being that way as well. And Sacha Baron Cohen proves that even in animated form he can insult people of any ethnicity. The story and comedy are adequate. It's not painful, it's just not my cup of tea. Kids will love it, especially those who liked the first two movies and the TV series about the Penguins. The Bride enjoyed it, and she got to hear the full version of the "Circus Afro" song. We left happy.



2 comments:

  1. My kids loved it, and that's the point I guess. Secretly, I'm hoping there won't be a fourth. I did like the new circus though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me crazy, but I love these stupid movies.

    ReplyDelete