Tuesday, December 04, 2012

At War with the Internet


Recently the Internet seems to have turned against me. I don't know what I did to it. I've always played nice, and fed it well, but lately, it just doesn't like me.

The first culprit is the Twitter. Twitter thinks I follow too many people. At first (and still) I didn't think that was possible. Isn't the whole concept of Twitter to follow other people and seeing what they have to say? Twitter doesn't agree. Here's what they have to say on the subject. Okay, I suppose that's fair, but then why, every single day, after they shut me down from following people do they continue to suggest people for me to follow??

Speaking of suggestions, then there's the Facebook. They are constantly suggesting friends for me on the right side of the screen, saying I may know them, we share hundreds of mutual friends, and mutual likes. But let me tell you something - if you decide to add any of these 'friends' the Facebook has suggested, and they don't want to be your 'friend,' they might just report you to the Facebook.

And I don't care how many times Facebook tells me Mandy Patinkin might know me, I am positive he doesn't. Don't click that 'friend' button. Yep, it's a double jeopardy thing just like the following problem at Twitter.

So if you want to friend me on Facebook, please do, and especially if you want to follow me on Twitter - please please do - so I can beat these fascist following rules.

2 comments:

  1. Heironymous4:39 PM

    I am going to report you to Blogger. This posting of dislike for the internet and social media in general, can no longer be tolerated. I hope you will do the wise and sensible thing and turn yourself into the nearest authority.

    Oh, and how dare you try to friend Inigo Montoya.

    Prepare to Die! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody wants to rule the world including Twitter and Facebook. Maybe we should just start our own group!!!

    ReplyDelete