Monday, April 20, 2009

Perez Hilton Vs. Miss California

Controversy has exploded from the Miss USA Beauty Pageant last night when judge Perez Hilton asked a question of frontrunning Miss California Carrie Prejean.

The question: "Vermont recently became the 4th state to legalize same-sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit. Why or why not?"

Just to be clear, folks, this is a yes or no question, followed by why or why not.

Miss California's answer: "Well I think its great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. And you know what, in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that’s how I was raised and that’s how I think it should be between a man and a woman. Thank you very much."


Anyone hear a 'yes' or a 'no' in there? Well, maybe an implied one, but nothing about state's rights to decide issues or anything like that. And, ummm, what exactly is "opposite marriage"?

Ms. Prejean didn't lose the pageant because she was against gay marriage, she lost because she can't answer a simple question. He asked, "Is the sky blue?" and she answered, "I like hot dogs!" It's got nothing to do with gay marriage, it's all about her inability to answer a question.

Perez Hilton's typically over the top yet strangely on target retort is here.

And congratulations to the winner of Miss USA 2009 - Miss North Carolina, Kristen Dalton.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment