Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lost Hits of the New Wave #9

"Don't Change" by INXS



I was a big INXS fan, before they made it really big, and once they did, I kinda got sick of them. Honestly if I ever hear "The Devil Inside" again, I'll hit someone. A lot of their stuff in hindsight is a bit dated, but I still like the early stuff. And Michael Hutchence is still missed. To this day, "Mediate" and especially "Mystify" remain among my favorite all time tunes.

I have to sheepishly admit how stupid I was when I first discovered them. I went to Listening Booth at the Echelon Mall to get their album Shabooh Shoobah. I actually worked at rival Sam Goody, but everyone knew LB had all the imports, and the 'good' stuff first. If you wanted Michael Jackson, you went to Goody's, if you wanted something with an edge, it was the Booth all the way.

Anyway, I saw an album with that title, but didn't think it was INXS, because I was looking for a band I had heard pronounced as 'In Excess.' Yeah, I was an idiot. Finally bought it, and I loved it.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment