Monday, March 03, 2008

That Dirty Cox Girl



Other than "Torchwood" and "In Treatment," and now that "Dexter" is on hiatus (props to CBS for broadcasting it on Sunday nights tho), my new favorite show is FX's "Dirt."

Now I know I'll be flamed for this, but I never got into "Friends," heck, I seriously doubt I've ever seen an entire episode - so I guess I just never understood the draw of Courtney Cox. I never really cared for her in anything else either - not "Family Ties," not the Scream flicks, not even "Misfits of Science," which one might think would be right up my alley. Nope, I never got her, but I have to say this, she does evil really well, and that's why I like "Dirt" so much.

Cox plays Lucy Spiller, ruthless editor of the "Dirt Now" tabloid, who will do just about anything to get a story. She is sooo eeevil, I love it. She's also surrounded by a wonderful cast - Ian Hart as her schizophrenic photographer and barely reliable narrator of the show, Alexandra Breckenridge as a Lucy Jr who only wants everything she has, Jeffrey Nordling as her weasely boss and Josh Stewart as a wannabe James Dean/Brad Pitt who owes his career to Lucy.

"Dirt" is definitely an ensemble piece filled with folks you'll love to hate. Oh, and "Friends" co-star Jennifer Aniston pops in from time to time for some action. Don't miss this series, it rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment