Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Remembering Casey Kasem


This past weekend we lost Casey Kasem, at the age of 82. He was an actor, announcer, voice artist, disc jockey, and television personality, and always seemed t be part of my life.

As a kid I knew his voice from Saturday morning cartoons - Casey was Robin, Alexander, and Shaggy, just to name the biggies. When I got older, and was obsessed with music and charts, I was a hardcore fan of "America's Top 40."

Let's not remember the shame of his last few years and his family who seem even crazier by the minute, but let's remember the man who told us to 'keep our feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.' Casey Kasem will be missed.

2 comments:

  1. I listened to his radio broadcasts, too, Glenn. I didn't know he was the voice of Alex and Shaggy in my favorite Saturday morning cartoon. Thanks, Glenn! ~Victoria Marie Lees

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Top 40 countdown was played every Sunday afternoon from 2:00 to 6:00 pm. I used to spend my afternoons creating a mix tape of the songs every weekend.

    Part of my childhood!

    ReplyDelete