Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Eurovision 2013 - The Last Five of the First Semi-Final


Montenegro - "Igranka" by Who See


If I'm being honest, I love the video but only like the song. It does have more happening both musically and visually than many of the other contenders. However I think it might be like one of my previous favorites, Svetlana Loboda, just way too much going on at once. Either way, I dig this one.

Russia - "What If" by Dina Garipova


One of the better entries, but not one of my favorites, this one has an excellent chance of finishing high, if not winning. Ballads that are songs of hope are always favorites in this competition.

Serbia - "Ljubav Je Svuda" by Moje 3


Another one of my favorites, and not just because of the beautiful women singing. Dance numbers that are a little off, and outlandish outfits are Eurovision tradition. Also, the tune is catchy and gets in your head.

Slovenia - "Straight Into Love" by Hannah Mancini


I'm not fond of her voice, or the way the music starts and stops, but the dance track could easily be a 1990s Cher club hit.

Ulkraine - "Gravity" by Zlata Ognevich


LIke Montenegro, I like the video more than the song. It's kind of quirky, and grows on me each time I hear it, but I doubt it will get to the finals. Time will tell.

The first Semi-Final for Eurovision 2013 will be held in Malmo, Sweden on the 14th of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment