Thursday, November 04, 2010

Whiteout

Whiteout ~ This is yet another comic book movie whose source material I have not read. Yeah, I know, I feel like I'm letting you folks down. Whiteout is based on the graphic novel by Greg Rucka (who also is executive producer here) and Steve Lieber. Rucka is a writer who runs hot and cold for me. He's either very good or very bad.

Gabriel Macht of The Spirit and Alex O'Loughlin of "Moonlight" and the inexplicable new "Hawaii Five-O" (the less said about Feed the better for his nerd cred) have both done their share of time at comic cons. One is loved and one is hated, you guess who is who. Kate Beckinsale is always a pleasure to watch, even here as a casual action star, as opposed to her usual roles. This might seem like an interesting cast, yet none of the above manage to rise even above calling it in.

Whiteout is half-mystery, half-thriller and all predictable unfortunately, but all in all, it's a nice diversion for about a hundred minutes. Good if there's nothing else on. Hey, I might even check out the comic, but praise more than that, I can't manage.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment