Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Starting from Scratch

So far the slate for 2009 movies has more than a few start-overs for some major film franchises. Among them are...



Friday the 13th... sigh. This was bad in the 1980s, why do it again? How about a movie based on the excellent TV series of the same name which had zero to do with the movies? Great show, and unlike its namesake, it had plots.



Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li... now while I can't hide my geekgasm for the videogame, I am no fan of the movie. And although it stars TV's Lana Lang, Kristen Kreuk, I still would rather play the dusty old arcade game than see this new beginning for one of my fave fighters. *yawn* Wake me when they do Vega.



Fast & Furious... with a great trailer and a truncated name. This is the fourth in the series, most of the cast is back and everything. Sorry, I'm still not interested, even if it does have the best tagline for a movie in a while - "New Model, Original Parts."

No comments:

Post a Comment