Wednesday, February 06, 2008

... So Where's Witchblade?

Our cable system just recently added the Independent Film Channel to its selection. Besides all the terrific flicks, IFC also broadcasts the anime version of "Witchblade."



I was pretty excited about this as I had heard good things about this Japanese adaptation of the Marc Silvestri comic series. As a rule I don't like much anime, except when I know the source material and then it's not bad. I was hoping that would be the case here.

Of course this is almost a whole new thing, a new woman, a new situation, but same old Witchblade, so essentially the same concept. There's a rocking opening theme "XTC" by Psychic Killer (not included in the above clip) and the opening sequence is terrific. Unfortunately, that's all the Witchblade we get.

I've seen two episodes so far, and no Witchblade. Lots of folks talking about it, and even kewl-looking baddies who are after it - but the heroine never shows up. I'm giving it one more shot then giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment