Sunday, May 18, 2003



SANDRA THE SLEEPING PILL

A Video Review of "28 Days"

Copyright 2002 Glenn Walker

Where the hell is this movie going? It's all over the damn place.

It starts out with a hilarious scene of a drunken Sandra Bullock (The Net, Miss Congeniality) doing a great Foster Brooks imitation and ruining her sister's wedding. I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants. This is followed up by her intro into rehab which she hates and takes it out on everyone including the audience. Now we hate her too.

At this point we are asked to have sympathy for this pathetic whiny bitch we have been made to hate. Nope, I assure you, that ain't gonna happen. Aw, she has to scrub toilets, I'm thinking that's not a bad enough punishment for what she's put me through for the last half-hour.

When the movie turns into a romance (?Yeah, where the hell is this piece of crap going?) later on, you really couldn't care less. I hate her. I hate this movie. I certainly am not going to root for her to get the guy of her dreams (Lord of the Rings' Viggo Mortenson) now.

After that, who knows and who cares. I've seen this mess three times and fallen asleep every time. That should tell you something. Run right out and buy this tape so you have it around for your next bout of insomnia. Warning, you will have to put up with at least an hour of this directionless drivel.

I can really only recommend this (other than as a sleeping pill) for the opening scene and Steve Buscemi who does his usual Steve Buscemi best. Otherwise, miss this.


The above previously published at Project: Popcorn
http://www.whitevioletpictures.com/popcorn

For more of my movie reviews check out:
Comic Widows at
http://www.comicwidows.com
or the Internet Movie Database at
http://www.imdb.com

Contact me at
monsura2@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment