Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Lost Hits of the New Wave #38


"Everywhere That I'm Not" by Translator

I came very late to this one. I know I had heard it on the radio and on the dance floor, but really I paid it no mind until hearing it multiple times on First Wave satellite radio. I even remember seeing the 45 RPM single at my old college radio station, but never put it on a turntable. My loss.

Active since 1979, this San Francisco synth band has made a career of sounding British, or at least mining the British sound of not just the new wave, but also punk, psychedelia, and even classic rock vibes. Still active today their influence can be heard in many of the acts of the 1980s, and this was their biggest hit.



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:22 AM

    This is such a great tune. It's like the blueprint of so many college rock songs I loved back in the day. It's the kind of simple, but sonically moody/moving pop song I would love to be able to write.

    Thanks so much for posting this. I had no idea this band was still active. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete