Tuesday, April 15, 2008

South Park Cliff's Notes

The new season of "South Park," or what passes for a new season - whenever creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone cobble up enough new material for about six episodes, needs Cliff's Notes in my opinion, or at least footnotes of some kind.



I've found that this new season has been very heavy on obscure pop culture references, so obscure that when I talk with friends about them they don't know what I'm talking about. It's pretty sad when my usually intelligent friends come off like Beavis and Butthead, "Heh heh, he said butt."

Parker and Stone have been going pretty deep this season with episodes that reference - and sometimes only in subtext - Anne Frank, Chris Crocker, Tay Zonday, Samwell, Heavy Metal, drug abuse, urban legends, paparazzi, genetics and the WGA strike. It's too bad this new 'season' is over. I just hope the next is just as good, and deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment