Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Your Cheatin' Heart


I used to see George Hamilton on all the game shows and talk shows back in the 1970s. I would wonder often why this man was a celebrity. Folks would make fun of his tan all the time, but that couldn't be why he was famous, right? Heck, if I knew the man, I'd probably make fun of his tan too.

After seeing the 1964 Hank Williams biopic "Your Cheatin' Heart" recently I have to say I now know why George Hamilton is a star. He's a terrific actor, on calibur with many of the best in my opinion. The only other flick I can think of offhand that he's been in is "Viva Kneivel" so obviously he's just not good at picking scripts.

"Your Cheatin' Heart" isn't one of them however, it's great, and with a loving soundtrack of the father's tunes by son Hank Williams Jr. this is film that can't be beat. Enjoyable from start to finish, they don't make 'em like this anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:01 PM

    Glenn,

    George Hamilton was also in a 70's movie "spoof" called, "Love at First Bite", where he played a vampire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:03 PM

    Glenn,

    George was also in a 70's movie titled, "Love at First Bite", where he played a vampire.

    ReplyDelete