Friday, May 08, 2009

Quark: The Complete Series

When I heard this was going to be available on DVD I immediately put it to the top of my Netflix queue. I had fond memories of this scifi sitcom from my childhood, unfortunately my memory must be hazy – cuz the years have not been kind to “Quark.”

Richard Benjamin played the title role as a garbage man in outer space and the adventures he has with his crew that included twin clone bimbos, a man who was sometimes a woman (embarrassingly Tim Thomerson) and a blocky robot that made Tweeky seem perfectly lovable. How I could have ever found this amusing baffles me. Unbelievably it was created and written by Buck Henry. Wow, what was he smoking?

This one is to be avoided. I don’t even think the kids will find it funny. No wonder NBC axed it after eight episodes.


.

2 comments:

  1. Heironymous11:26 AM

    Well, that's what happens when NBC took Mel Brooks out of the picture.

    Oh, and I still ove Quark (every bad episode of it). You just grew up too fast, man. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, Dom, after seeing "Spaceballs The Animated Series," with Mel Brooks -in- the picture... maybe "Quark" could have been worse. ;-)

    Glad you still love it, enjoy. :-)

    ReplyDelete